High-End MicroTCA Carrier Hub (MCH) with Enterprise Class Ethernet Switching
The Enterprise-Class AM4904 / AM4910 MCH provides the central management and data switching entity for all kind of MicroTCA platforms.
To fit to the different needs of various applications the AM4904/AM4910 comes in four versions, (1) as a pure Gigabit Ethernet switching MCH (AM4904-BASE), in combination with (2) sRIO (AM4904-SRIO), or (3) PCIe switching (AM4904-PCIE) and (4) the highest bandwidth offering 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching (AM4910).
The powerful 600MHz processor for MCMC functionality and switching management enables a highly efficient MCH implementation for up to 12 AMCs, 2 cooling units and 4 power units and for usage in applications requiring a redundant architecture. Furthermore the support of Rear I/O functionality according to MTCA.4 is implemented. A sophisticated clock implementation supports various Telco clocks and the PCI Express Fabric Clocking distribution.
Designed to support Enterprise-Class fully-managed Layer2 switching capabilities the AM4904/AM4910 provides Quality-of-Service functionality like Traffic Priorization, Access Control and Multi-Cast including full 4K VLAN, Link Aggregation – to name just a few. The Layer3 management capabilities can be offered on project request.
– High-sophisticated, full-featured MCH
– Supports all popular Fabric implementations for MicroTCA: GbE stand-alone or combined with 10 GbE or PCIe or sRIO switching
– Powerful Enterprise Class L2 non-blocking managed GbE and 10 GbE switching capabilities (L3 option on both Fabrics)
– Linux-based high-performance 600 MHz PowerPC CPU for MicroTCA Carrier and Shelf Management, Switch Management
– Support for up to 12 AMCs, 2 cooling units (CU) and 4 power modules (PM)
– MCH update and cross-over Channel for redundant applications
– Full set of standard defined IPMI and MicroTCA management functions
– Comprehensive clock generation and distribution module
– Broad set of front panel interfaces: uplink ports and management port, clock input, control LEDs