The NAMC-8596-CPU is a multi-service CPU board in Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC)form factor with the following key features:
– Latest Freescale PowerQUICC® III MPC8569 processor with dual Multichannel Communication Controller (MCC)and higher core frequency than predecessor PowerQUICC III processors
– DDR2 SDRAM 1GB, NAND-Flash 2GB
– Lattice FPGA with up to 70.000 logic cells
– Interfaces at front panel such as 2x Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)and USB port and RS232; optional user defined IO via sub module and optional TDM connectivity
– Backplane connections such as 2x Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), Serial Rapid IO (SRIO), PCI Express® (PCIe)
– TDM and I-TDM with 125 μs and 1 ms I-TDM modes as well as TDM cross-connect supported customizeable I/O mezzanines
Flexibility, high-bandwidth and low latency processing dedicate the NAMC-8569-CPU for applications in (tele-)communication, medical, industrial automation, defense&aerospace and telecommunication market.
One or both GbE interfaces can be switched or multiplexed towards the CPU and the backplane.
Depending on the required throughput one Fat Pipe (PCIe or SRIO) or the combination of both Fat Pipes (PCIe and SRIO) is available to the backplane. Thus, the NAMC-8569-CPU is targeting at applications where IO boards need PCIe and where low latency of SRIO for multiprocessing is requested.