StarFabric/Advanced Switching for AdvancedTCA® Systems Specification
The content of this document is derived from and is dependent upon the PICMG 3.0 base specification. It is not intended as a stand-alone document or to be used separately from the base specification.
PICMG 3.3 builds upon the PICMG 3.0 specification to meet the following objectives:
- Define the StarFabric signals to be used over the data Link Channels provided by the PICMG 3.0 base specification.
- Support over each PICMG 3.0 Channel for 2.5Gbps StarFabric Links.
- Establish the System Management criteria for ensuring compatibility between PICMG 3.3 devices.
- Define design rules such that devices compatible with all other PICMG 3.x subsidiary specifications can be safely inserted in the same system, even if they do inter-operate.
- Provide example topologies and example implementations for Board and Backplane developers.