PCI Express™/Advanced Switching for AdvancedTCA® Systems Specification
The content of this document is derived from and is dependent upon the PICMG 3.0 base specification. It is not intended as a standalone document or to be used separately from the base specification.
PICMG 3.4 builds upon the PICMG 3.0 specification to meet the following objectives:
- Define the PCI Express signals to be used over the Fabric Interface defined in the PICMG 3.0 base specification.
- Provide guidelines for the use of x1, x2, and x4 PCI Express links through Link Width Negotiation.
- Support over each PICMG 3.0 Channel for up to 10Gbps PCI Express links
- Establish the System Management criteria for ensuring compatibility between PICMG 3.4 boards.
- Define design rules such that devices compatible with other PICMG 3.0 standards can be safely inserted in the same system, even if they do not interoperate.
- Provide example topologies and example implementations for Board and Backplane developers.