TORNADO-AZ/FMC is a low-cost single-width AdvancedMC module with Xilinx XC7Z100 largest Zynq-7000 AP SoC FPGA and FMC-site. It is designed for reliable 24/7 industrial operation.
Zynq-7000 AP SoC FPGA includes PS with 2x ARM Cortex-A9 and I/O peripherals, and PL with high-capacity logic/memory/DSP48 and 12.5Gbps GTH transceivers. The on-board memory includes 6GB DDR3, FLASH and NVRAM memories, and front-panel slot for microSD card. The AMC interface includes 10Gbps/12.5Gbps Fabric-DEFG ports 4-7/8-11 for in-chassis streaming I/O and Fabric-A 1GbE ports 0/1 for remote control and in-chassis AMC-to-AMC communication. Multi-color front-panel LEDs are provided to indicate user defined events from Zynq PS/PL applications. Application specific I/O is adopted via VITA57.1 FMC HPC/LPC module with AD/DA, SFP+, QSFP, MPO-MTP, etc.
The MMC firmware is based on the proprietary TAMMC G2 MMC kernel. MMC performs power and temperature management of the device and automatically locks/unlocks the device on critical conditions for reliable and safe functionality.
TASDK tools are used to remotely control the device and develop Zynq/PS ARM and remote control applications (Windows, Linux, Android) using unified cross-platform high-level Zynq/PS API and Host API. Multithreaded Zynq/PS ARM applications are developed using Linux, FreeRTOS and pre-certified Microsoft Azure ThreadX RTOS for demanding requirements.
The board can also be used as a stand-alone/embedded controller.
– Complies PICMG AMC.0, AMC.1, AMC.2, AMC.4, MTCA.0
– Xilinx XC7Z100 Zynq-7000 AP SoC FPGA (XC7Z035/XC7Z045 are optional)
– 1GB x32 DDR3, FLASH and MRAM memories, 32GB MicroSD-card slot for Zynq/PS
– 4GB x64 DDR3 for Zynq/PL
– AMC Fabric-DEFG ports 4-7/8-11 via FPGA GTX (10Gbps/12.5Gbps) (AMC.1 PCIe, AMC.2 Ethernet, AMC.4 SRIO)
– AMC Fabric-A 1GbE ports 0-1 via Zynq/PS 1GbE ports for remote control and in-chassis AMC-to-AMC communication
– VITA57.1 FMC site with 160 I/O (1.2V-3.3V), 8x 10Gbps/12.5Gbps GBTs, various FMC activation modes
– Stand-alone/embedded operation from +12V power supply