Advanced Mezzanine Card SAS/SATA Storage AMC
- Single-width mid-size AMC form factor
- SAS or SATA 2.5″ hard disk drive compatible
- Hot-swap capable
- AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA compatible
- Dual port SAS drive support
- 3.0 Gb/s interface speed support
- Two thermal sensors to monitor on-board temperatures
- System management compliant to PICMG3.0 R2.0, AMC.0 R2.0, AMC.3 R1.0, and IPMI1.5
- Power-on hour counter
- HPM.1 compliant firmware upgrade and rollback support through IPMB
The Advantech MIC-5401 is a single-width/mid-size Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) designed to support a 2.5″ SAS or SATA hard disk drive to work as an enterprise storage module on an ATCA platform or in a MicroTCA shelf. The 2.5″ hard disk drive is connected to the AMC port 2 (SAS and SATA) and port 3 (SAS only) according to the AMC.3 specifications. Dual port SAS drives may be used on the MIC-5401 to increase the interface bandwidth of failover support between dual hosts in fault tolerant environments.
Like all other standard AMC modules, an IPMI-based module management controller (MMC) is also implemented on the MIC-5401 to serve as a communication interface to the Carrier Management Controller on an ATCA platform, or to the MicroTCA Carrier Management Controller on the MicroTCA Carrier Hub in a MicroTCA shelf. As a local IPMI controller on the AMC, it manages all hot-swap activities, E-keying, and hardware heath monitoring such as voltages (12V, 5V, and management power 3.3V) and on-board temperatures (including hard disk drive’s ambient temperature).
The MIC-5401’s mechanical design is optimized for a maximum of shock and vibration durability combined with a user- and service friendly mounting process for the disk drive.