AM4520 AdvancedMC SAS Module – Full-Size / Mid-Size
High Reliability Storage Medium for Communications
AdvancecdMC modules are the key to extending the value of
AdvancedTCA platforms designed for multiple applications in the wireless / wireline network infrastructure.
The Kontron AM4520 AdvancedMC SAS module is the ideal high performance, highly reliable storage media for open modular communications solutions that need to achieve higher IOPs (input/output per second) performance in space-constrained network infrastructures. Available in either Mid-Size or Full-Size formfactors, the Kontron AM4520 SAS module offers up to 146 GByte storage capacity.
Built in accordance to the AMC.0* and AMC.3 specifications,
the AM4520 features a 10,000 rpm spindle plus the industry’s highest reliability of 1.4M hours MTBF.
As a hot-swappable field replaceable unit (FRU), the AM4520 also follows the same stringent carrier grade RASM feature set, namely – Reliability, Availability, Serviceability, Maintainability. When integrated with AdvancedTCA platforms, the AM4520 SAS module helps conserve valuable system AdvancedTCA system slots, ensuring greater economies of scale and reduced OPEX.
– Full-Size / Mid-Size (AMC.0 Rev 2.0*)
– AMC.3 compliant
– Up to 146 GB capacity
– 10,000 rpm, 4.1ms average seek time
– 8-Mbyte cache buffer for improved performance
– S.M.A.R.T. technology capable
– Management through IPMI
– 1.5 implementation
– Power On Hour (POH) IPMI counter support to diagnose disk usage in terms of number of hours
* Mid-Size version height exceeds component envelope as outlined in the AMC.0 R 2.0 specification.