Processor AMC based on Freescale QorIQ P4080
Data Plane Processor AMC module
The AM4140 is a data plane CPU board implemented as Single Mid-Size Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) for MicroTCA applications. The design is based on the Freescale QorIQ P4080 8-Core processor, with cores based on the e500 Power Architecture®. Due to the P4080 processor, the AM4140 meets highest demands in multi-threaded processing: in combination with high-speed fabrics and frame handlers, the multi-core architecture allows high throughputs, as well as low latencies. To match demands on high-performance, the AM4140 provides a high-speed dual-channel memory with up to 8 GB ECC-RAM. In order to grant reliability of the application, the AM4140 features redundant U-Boot.
– Freescale QorIQ P4080 – 8-core CPU @ 1.5GHz
– Serial Rapid IO, PCIe and 1/10GbE fabrics
– Fast dual-channel memory (up to 8 GB RAM with ECC)
– Useable in managed (with MCH) and unmanaged (without MCH) systems
– Long life cycle beyond 7 years