Processor AdvancedMC module with Freescale dual-core MPC8641D PowerPC
Processor AMC based on Freescale Power Architecture (PowerPC) CPU
The AM4100 is a scalable and flexible Single Mid- or Full-size Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC). The board is built around the leading-edge Freescale dual-core MPC8641D Power Architecture (PowerPC) CPU.
The module feature up to 2 GB registered Double Data Rate (DDR2) memory with Error Checking and Correcting (ECC) running at up to 533 MHz. Four integrated Gigabit Ethernet controllers ensure a maximum data throughput.
Signal processing applications are well supported by the integrated DSP-like Altivec vector processing unit.
Perfectly suited for high-performance communication systems, the board is an ideal base for enterprise networking, telecom transmission, switching and routing applications. Furthermore, the AM4100 also fits into industrial environments, e.g. in MicroTCA systems, for applications like signal, and image processing.
The careful selection of high temperature resistant components ensure a high product quality. This, together with a high level of scalability, reliability, and stability, make this state-of-the-art product a perfect core technology for long-life embedded applications.
Comprehensive board support packages (BSP) are available for Linux and VxWorks.
– AMC Processor Module, Single module, Mid/Full-size (dependent on CPU clock speed)
– Freescale dual-core MPC8641D PowerPC, 1.0/1.33/1.5 GHz
– Up to 2 GByte soldered SDRAM memory with ECC running at up to 600 MHz
– 512 MByte (up to 2 GByte) onboard NAND Flash controller
– Flexible Gigabit and PCI-Express fabric interface
– Excellent monitoring features
– PICMG AMC.0/.1/.2 compliance (optionally AMC.4 instead of AMC.1)
– IPMI v1.5 support
– VxWorks and Linux support