April 20, 2017
- 16 digital outputs, high-side switching (load to ground)
- 2 analog outputs, current and voltage
- 2 PWM outputs
- 8 digital inputs
- 2 pulse counter inputs
- Voltage range from -110 V to +110 V
- -40°C to +85°C (qualified components)
- Conformal coated
- EN 50155 compliant
Nuremberg, Germany – April 20, 2017. The CompactPCI board F405 is a multi I/O board designed specifically for use in railway applications. Thanks to the extended voltage range of -110 V to +110 V, the card can be used worldwide and in many different ways. In addition, the FPGA based design ensures long-term availability for the application.
Compact, cost-saving and extremely versatile
The F405 is a space-saving marvel on a CompactPCI board. It provides sixteen digital, two analog and two PWM outputs, as well as eight digital and two pulse counter inputs. For faultless data transmission, all channels are organized in six isolated groups.
All digital inputs can be operated in a voltage range from -110 V to +110 V. The pulse counter inputs can be used, for example, to connect a speed sensor which implements the frequency and distance measurement as well as direction, standstill and motion detection as integrated functions in the FPGA.
The digital high-side switching outputs support voltage ranges from 24 V to 110 V. The analog outputs provide the output value as voltage or current. With their programmable cycle and pulse lengths, the PWM outputs are suitable for motor performance control.
LEDs on the front panel display the current status of the respective interface.
The EN 50155-compliant F405 is a reliable and robust solution for all controls in the railway sector. It is equipped with all important safety-related measures for mobile environments such as voltage and temperature monitoring, a readback function of the digital outputs and coating against dust and moisture.
Due to the FPGA-based design and the use of proven hardware components, the board offers high long-term availability and reduces the risk management for the application.
MEN Mikro Elektronik – Profile and Mission
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System
If you have further questions, contact: Folke Probst, Marketing Phone +49-911-99 33 5-175 Fax +49-911-99 33 5-901 Email: [email protected]