September 16, 2015
Nuremberg, Germany – September, 2015. Developed for safety-critical requirements, the dual-redundant single board computer F75P complies with the highest safety level, SIL 4, in railway applications. The appropriate certificate from TÜV SÜD is now available at MEN. As a complete certification package it can be ordered together with the assessment report, the safety case and the safety user guide.
Certified Hardware – Faster Time-to-Market
Being a CompactPCI board the F75P benefits from the modularity of the globally known PICMG standard for 19’’ systems. The certificate now available confirms the compliance with safety level SIL 4 in railway applications, drastically simplifying and shortening the lengthy certification process of the respective end system.
To achieve the fulfillment of the safety-relevant requirements, the redundant hardware architecture of the F75P uniting three Intel processors on one board is one key element. While two redundant CPUs with independent RAM and Flash storage and supervisors form the (fail-)safe control unit, the third processor controls the I/O.
The F75P is also the heart of MEN’s Modular Train Control System MTCS, which can be used as an ATO (Automatic Train Operation) and ATP (Automatic Train Protection) system for rolling stock and wayside applications.
In terms of software the safe operating system from QNX and on top of that the safe soft PLC called FlexiSafe ensure fully reliable operation. The F75P or rather MTCS are an open platform providing a safe and open API for POSIX-compatible programming in “C” or for model-based programming on ANSYS SCADE.
Equipped with the SIL 4 certificate of TÜV SÜD, the F75P (or MTCS) shortens the complex certification process for the final system, as system integrators do not need to take care of any safety-relevant aspect regarding the hardware or software architecture.
- SIL 4 certificate from TÜV SÜD for safe 3U CompactPCI SBC is now available
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CAN in Automation
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- Freescale™ Design Alliance
- Intel® Embedded Communications Alliance
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG / PICMG Europe (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River – Partner Eco System
If you have further questions, contact: Angela Bieber, Marketing Phone +49-911-99 33 5-242 Fax +49-911-99 33 5-901 Email: [email protected]