TORNADO-AZU+/FMC+ is an industry-unique single-width AdvancedMC module with Xilinx ZU19EG largest Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC FPGA, FMC+/HSPC site and 1TB+ M.2 SSD drive.
Zynq Ultrascale+ EG MPSoC FPGA includes PS with 4x Cortex-A53 and 2x Cortex-R5 ARM cores and I/O peripherals, and PL with high-capacity logic/memory/DSP48, and pools of 32Gbps GTY and 16Gbps GTH transceivers. The on-board memory includes 20GB DDR4, FLASH and NVRAM memories, 1TB+ M.2 SATA3 SSD drive and front-panel slot for MicroSD card. The AMC interface connects to FPGA transceivers and includes 32Gbps Fabric-DEFG ports 4-11/8-11 for in-chassis streaming I/O (AMC.1, AMC.2, AMC.4), 32Gbps AMC ports 12-15/17-20 for direct AMC-to-AMC streaming I/O (any protocol), 16Gbps Fabric-B ports 2-3 (AMC.3 SATA3 or any protocol), and 1GbE Fabric-A ports 0-1 for remote control and in-chassis AMC-to-AMC communication. Multi-color front-panel LEDs are provided to indicate user defined events in Zynq PS/PL applications. Application specific I/O is adopted via VITA57.4 FMC+/HSPC module with AD/DA, SFP+, QSFP, MPO-MTP, etc.
The MMC firmware is based on the proprietary TAMMC G2 MMC kernel. MMC also performs power and temperature management of the device and automatically locks/unlocks the device on critical conditions for reliable and safe 24/7 functionality.
TASDK tools are used to remotely control the device and develop Zynq/PS ARM and remote control applications (Windows, Linux, Android) using unified cross-platform high-level Zynq/PS API and Host API. Multithreaded Zynq/PS ARM applications are developed using Linux, FreeRTOS and pre-certified Microsoft Azure ThreadX RTOS for demanding requirements.
The board can also be used as a stand-alone/embedded controller.
– Complies PICMG AMC.0, AMC.1, AMC.2, AMC.4, MTCA.0
– Xilinx XCZU19EG Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC FPGA (ZCZU17EG/XCZU11EG are optional)
– Zynq/PS: 8GB x64 2.4GTPS DDR4, 2Gb NOR FLASH, 4Mb NVRAM, 1TB+ M.2 2280 SATA3 SSD drive, slot for 2TB MicroSD card
– Zynq/PS: 8GB (x64) and 4GB (x32) 2.6GTPS DDR4
– AMC Fabric-DEFG ports 4-11/8-11 and ports 12-5/17-20 via FPGA GTY (32Gbps)
– AMC Fabric-B ports 2-3 via FPGA GTH (16Gbps)
– AMC Fabric-A 1GbE ports 0-1
– VITA57.4 FMC+/HSPC site with 160 I/O (1V-1.8V), 24x 16Gbps GBTs, various FMC activation modes
– Embedded USB high-speed FPGA JTAG emulator, optional external FPGA and FMC JTAG emulators
– Stand-alone/embedded operation from +12V power supply