6U CompactPCI® 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Processor Blade with ECC Support
– Supports 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel® Core i3/i5/i7 Processors and Intel
– QM67 PCH with embedded graphics (dual independent display)
– Up to 16 GB (DDR3 1066/1333/1600) ECC memory (max 8GB on-board socket SO-UDIMM x1, max 8GB)
– Optimized single-slot SBC with 2.5″ SATA-III HDD/CFast socket
– Integrates on-board 2KB NVRAM and min. 8GB flash (optional)
– Two SATA ports, four USB 2.0 ports, two DVI ports, two RS-232 ports, one
– PS/2 connector, and PCIe x4 interfaces to the Rear Transition Module (RTM)
– Six gigabit Ethernet ports for PICMG 2.16, front and rear connectivity
– PICMG 2.16 R1.0, PICMG 2.1 R2.0, PICMG 2.6 R1.0 compliant
Using Intel®’s 2nd and 3rd generation Core i3/i5/i7 processors based on 22nm process technology supporting up to two cores / four threads at 2.2 GHz and 4 MB level 2 cache, the MIC-3395 boosts computing performance with the latest virtualization techniques and CPU enhancements. Onboard soldered DRAM with ECC and optional memory expansion via SODIMMs extend the memory to 16 GB to for the most demanding applications in high performance or virtualized environments with up to 4GB per virtual machine. Dual channel design and memory speeds up to 1600MT/s for 3rd generation processors along with increased cache size and cache algorithms guarantee maximum memory throughput. Combined with the powerful Intel QM67 chipset, these new processors offer improved I/O performance by leveraging 5GT/s DMI and PCIe interfaces. An onboard XMC/PMC site with PCIe x8 gen.2 connectivity can host offload or I/O such as the MIC-3666 dual 10GE XMC. With SATA-III support and up to 6Gbps I/O, the latest enhancements in storage technology such as high speed SSDs can be employed. Six gigabit Ethernet ports for PICMG 2.16, front and rear connectivity ensure best in class network connectivity. The integrated graphics engine (HD3000) offers twice the performance over previous generations.
RASUM features in the CPU and chipset combined with PICMG 2.9 IPMI make the MIC-3395 a highly available and reliable computing engine. The RIO-3315 RTM module supports one PS/2 connector with keyboard and mouse ports, two USB ports, two RS-232 ports, two SATA ports, two DVI ports, and two GbE ports. In addition to QM67 SATA and RAID support, the RIO-3315 SAS version provides a 4-port SAS controller for RAID and failover.