The MicroTCA® specifications denoted mTCA.x is a new series of PICMG specifications, that takes the extensive knowledge and practices developed with AdvancedTCA® and AdvancedMC™ and applies them to the area of smaller form factor plug in systems.
Companies participating in the MicroTCA effort have brought a wide range of knowledge of the industry. They include telecommunications equipment manufacturers, board and system level vendors, computer OEMs, software companies and chassis, connector and power supply vendors.
A Short Form version of the specification is available for download.
Visit this page frequently for the latest information on MicroTCA. Click here to visit our product directory.
Note: MicroTCA® is a trademark of PICMG
- MicroTCA Application Guide
- Hybrid Air/Conduction Cooled MicroTCA.2 Thermal Testing Test Plan
- Hybrid Air/Conduction Cooled MicroTCA.2 Thermal Test Report
- MicroTCA.3 Connector System Test Report
- MicroTCA.3 Connector System Test Plan
- PICMG Ratifies new MicroTCA and AdvancedTCA Specifications
The MicroTCA.4 specification defines an addition rear I/O area for specialized AdvancedMC™ devices and a corresponding rear transition module, called a MicroRTM. The new PICMG 3.8 specification adds a defined set of connectors for data and management for full size AdvancedTCA Rear Transition Modules (RTMs).
- PICMG Ratifies Hardened Conduction Cooled MicroTCA®
PICMG announces the adoption of the Hardened Conduction Cooled MicroTCA® (MircoTCA.3) specification. This specification defines the requirements for systems that meet more stringent levels of temperature, shock, vibration, and other environmental conditions.
- PICMG Completes Military Environmental Testing of the MicroTCA® Connector System
The testing was wased on the requirements of the MIL-STD-801 and RTCA/DO-160 standards, the testing also included additional electro-static discharge testing to 15KV. PICMG hired the independent testing and research company, Contech Research, based in Attleboro, MA to perform the environmental testing, which included mechanical shock, random vibration, thermal shock, thermal cycling with humidity, temperature life, mixed flowing gas, insulation resistance, dielectric withstanding voltage, durability, insert and extraction force, salt, fog and sand.
- PICMG Enhances MicroTCA® Embedded Computing Platform
PICMG announces Air Cooled Rugged MicroTCA® specifications which extends temperature, shock and vibration ranges of MicroTCA.
- Pentair MicroTCA® test system with rear I/O
Schroff announces a new test system aimed at High Energy Physics markets.
- Schroff develops new retention device to meet Rugged MicroTCA® requirements
Schroff has developed a new retention device for securely fastening AdvancedMC™ modules into a MicroTCA® subrack to enable such systems to withstand the extreme shock and vibration conditions laid down in the recently issued MicroTCA.1 specification.