Computer on Module
This PICMG Specification defines a Computer-On-Module, or COM, with all components necessary for a bootable host computer, packaged as a super component. Interfaces will provide a smooth transition path from legacy parallel interfaces to LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signaling) interfaces. These include the PCI bus and parallel ATA and PCI Express and Serial ATA.
Note: COM Express® is a trademark of PICMG
- COM Express - Tutorial
- COM Express Rev 2.0 - Errata 001
- COM Express - Design Guide
- COM Express - Embedded Application Programming Interface
- COM Express - Embedded EEPROM Specification
- PICMG Completes Revision to COM Express® Specification
PICMG, a leading standards organization for the communications, military and embedded computer industries, is pleased to announce the adoption and availability of the COM Express® Revision 2.1 specification.
- PICMG Completes Revision to the COM Express® Specification
PICMG announces the adoption and availability of the COM Express® Revision 2.0 specification.
- PICMG's COM ExpressTM Design Guide Available On-Line
PICMG announces the availability of a COM Express™ Design Guide. The free Design Guide is located on PICMG's website at Link .
- Emerson Network Power and Freescale Semiconductor Collaborate on Power Architecture® Technology for Small Form Factor Boards
Emerson Network Power and Freescale Semiconductor today announced a collaborative effort to deploy Freescale multicore QorIQ processors on modular single-board computers (SBCs) based on the COM Express® small form factor.
- Emerson Network Power Launches New Embedded Computing Platforms using Latest Intel® Atom™ Processors
Emerson’s new COMXATOM-420 COM Express® module and MITX-ATOM-440 Mini-ITX motherboard extend the company’s fast-growing line of computer-on-modules and small form factor motherboards designed for use in a variety of digital signage, medical, industrial automation and surveillance applications.