AdvancedTCA Specifications for Next Generation Telecommunications Equipment
The Advanced Telecom Computing Architecture (AdvancedTCA®) specifications, denoted PICMG 3.X , are a series of PICMG specifications, targeted to requirements for the next generation of carrier grade communications equipment. This series of specifications incorporates the latest trends in high speed interconnect technologies, next generation processors and improved reliability, manageability and serviceability.
Companies participating in the AdvancedTCA effort have brought a wide range of knowledge of the industry. They include telecommunications equipment manufacturers, board and system level vendors, computer OEMs, software companies and chassis, connector and power supply vendors.Note: AdvancedTCA® is a trademark of PICMG
- AdvancedTCA Core Short Form Specification
- IRTM Repository
- AdvancedTCA FAQ
- The SCOPE Alliance profile for AdvancedTCA
- AdvancedTCA tutorial presented by Brough Turner, NMS Communications
- ATCA and 10 GbE Primed for Military Service
- PICMG Announces Major Improvement to AdvancedTCA® Standard
PICMG is pleased to announce the adoption and availability of the AdvancedTCA® 3.1R2 specification.
- PICMG Ratifies Intelligent Rear Transition Module Specification
This specification defines the requirements for systems that meet more stringent levels of temperature, shock, vibration, and other environmental conditions. This enables development and deployment of MicroTCA® in more rugged environments like outdoor telecom, military, shipboard and other harsh mobile equipment environments.
- PICMG Forms Technical Committee Focused On Large-Scale Physics Applications
PICMG announces the formation of the xTCA for Physics Coordinating Committee.
- PICMG to Expand Market and Applications for AdvancedTCA®
PICMG announces a new initiative to expand the capabilities of the AdvancedTCA® platform to address additional markets beyond its successful telecom base.
- PICMG Successfully Completes Its 19th Interoperability Workshop
PICMG announces the successful conclusion of its 19th Interoperability Workshop, which was held from March 16, 2009 through March 19, 2009, in Burlingame, CA.
- Positronic’s Scorpion Series chosen for PICMG 3.8
Positronic’s Scorpion connector series was chosen as the power and system management connector for the 3.8 standard. The Scorpion’s high-density packaging of miniature power contacts made it the preferred choice for this application.
- Radisys Reports Higher Than Expected Q1 2011 Revenue and Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Continuous Computing
RadiSys announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Continuous Computing Corporation (www.ccpu.com). Continuous Computing develops communications systems consisting of highly integrated ATCA platforms and Trillium protocol software coupled with SW Professional Services to complement their full solution offering.
- Two New AdvancedTCA® Blades from Emerson Network Power Feature Latest Intel® Xeon® Processors
Emerson Network Power launches two new high-performance AdvancedTCA® (ATCA®) server blades powered by the latest Intel® Xeon® processor 5600 series.