The MicroTCA specifications denoted mTCA.x is a new series of PICMG specifications, that take the extensive knowledge and practices developed with AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC applies them to the area of smaller form factor plug in systems.
Companies participating in the MicroTCA effort have brought a wide range of knowledge of the industry. They include telecommunications equipment manufacturers, board and system level vendors, computer OEMs, software companies and chassis, connector and power supply vendors.
A Short Form version of the specification is available for download.
Visit this page frequently for the latest information on MicroTCA. Click here to visit our product directory.
- MicroTCA tutorial by Mike Franco, Subcommittee chair. (PDF-8.1MB)
- AdvancedTCA family market study, including MicroTCA. From Crystal Cube Consulting. (PDF-766KB)
- At the end of 2006, the market research company, VDC, completed its first phase and preliminary analysis for their study ATCA/µTCA Global Market Demand Analysis. This is a research study area that together with AMC they designated as xTCA. VDC has developed some of the results into a white paper format that is now being selectively released. If you would like to receive a complimentary white paper please click here.
- White Paper: Supporting TDM Voice in the Age of MicroTCA and AdvancedTCA
- The SCOPE Alliance profile for MicroTCA.